From: <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] FTDNA 38-67 markers; Was: Why No Ysearch Updating?
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 10:09:46 -0700 (PDT)

At the group rate, the conversion kit plus the 38-67 marker upgrade is the same cost as buying the 1-67 marker test. That is not a savings -- and the conversion kit only gets you 5 new markers not included in RG's 43 markers. It is hard to convince project members (over 100 members) to test the FTDNA markers when the cost is the same as basically starting all over. I do realize that FTDNA's costs do need to include the cost of DNA extraction, but it would be nice to be able order a package that had the 5 markers not included in RG's offering plus the 38-67 markers at a cheaper cost than ordering all 67 markers.

Rebecca Christensen

Diana <> wrote:
FTDNA does have "conversion" kits for those tested elsewhere. First you order the conversion kit to bring you up to 37 markers, then you order the 38-67 marker upgrade. Total cost is $70 less than ordering the full 1-67 marker test.

> [...]

This thread: