From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Indo-European Y-DNA
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 09:26:11 -0600

North Germany, Jutland, and Southern Sweden are the heartland of DYS462 = 12
I1a and also to a good degree Continental I1b2a (old I1c).

The splintering of haplogroup I in Europe (I1a, old I1b, old I1b2, old I1c,
old I1(x)) suggests it has been in Europe from a time well before the
arrival of Indo-European into this small "peninsula" of Eurasia. It is
amazing when looking at a non-distorting globe how tiny Europe is.

Ken