From: "PJ" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Haplogroup J2 frequency
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 19:35:40 -0500

Not sure how relevant an article is from 2002 to today's studies, I am just
getting into this, but here is a quote from an article I just finished (only
referencing Haplogroup J):

Am. J. Hum. Genet. 71:1168–1174, 2002

Haplogroup J in Europe is interpreted more specifically by Semino et al.
(2000) as the result of Neolithic dispersal. Curiously, however, haplogroups
E and J are again most frequent along the Mediterranean coastline and
rapidly dwindle as one moves into central Europe, where the archaeological
record tells us the main farming expansion took place.

"In Search of Geographical Patterns in European Mitochondrial DNA"
Martin Richards,1 Vincent Macaulay,2 Antonio Torroni,3 and Hans-Ju¨rgen
Bandelt4
1Department of Chemical and Biological Sciences, University of Huddersfield,
Queensgate, Huddersfield, United Kingdom; 2Department of Statistics,
University of Oxford, Oxford; 3Dipartimento di Genetica e Microbiologia,
Universita` di Pavia, Pavia, Italy; and 4Fachbereich Mathematik,
Universita¨t Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany