From: "R. & G. Stevens" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Haplogroup J2 frequency
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 16:33:05 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jackson Montgomery-Devoni" <>
To: <>
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 4:14 PM

> Yes they probably would fall.
>

> To me Europe seems to be a place that definately did not get overun back
> in the prehistoric times.

The traditional view of the archaeological, anthropological and historical
evidence is that parts of Europe were in fact overrun at different times
beginning during the Neolithic Period. The appearance of fortifications, the
destruction of certain sites, changes in burial rites and in physical
remains and artifacts are just some of the evidence.

I'm not really sure what is behind the idea of Paleolithic continuity.
Perhaps it comes from a genetic analysis of the modern population and the
inability or unwillingness to conceive of how it got the way it is without
supposing that the largest groups have always been where they are now.

Rich

This thread: