From: "steven perkins" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] New set of DNA Tribes charts
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 16:35:22 -0500

Jackson:

I think we are all trying to use the CODIS set for a purpose it is not
designed to do. Basically we are trying to make it a biogeographical
test when it was not designed to be that. When we recognize the
trouble DNAPrint has with their tests, then we should not be surprised
that a test with a much lower number of markers is no more informative
on ancestral origin than this one is.

At this point I wonder if we can really get much better resolution
than SubSaharanAfrica and Negroid populations on the south coast of
Asia and Oceana, and then a Eurasian group in North Africa, the Middle
East and India, expanding to the West in Europe and to the East in
Asia to northern Oceana and the Americas.

SCPerkins

--
Steven C. Perkins
http://stevencperkins.com/