Subject: Re: [DNA] SMGF, DYS464, a Danish motif, etc.
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 10:10:59 +0000

An interesting hypothesis.

Country Population Pop% SMGF_Count SMGF%
Estonia = 1,344,000 1.4017% 1 .0892%
Latvia = 2,290,237 2.3886% 4 .3568%
Norway = 4,593,041 4.7903% 183 16.3247%
Finland = 5,223,442 5.4478% 54 4.8173%
Germany = 82,431,390 85.9716% 879 78.4121%
Total = 95,882,110 ~100% 1121 ~100%

I shall have to run all of my SMGF counts through a spread sheet when I get home.:-)

Rebekah

-------------- Original message from : --------------

> The first year of the project (2000) involved BYU students, with a couple of
> thousand participants. Thereafter, "collection events" (with blood draws) were
> held anywhere a goodly number of people were meeting, e.g. National
> Genealogical Society annual meetings. That would start to reduce the LDS bias
> right
> away (although LDS members are still probably overrepresented among genealogists
> in general). Now that people can participate through the Internet with "swish
> and spit" kits, and pedigree requirements have been relaxed somewhat (it's now
> four, but I think it was originally six complete generations), we should see
> more and more representation from a broader cross-section.
>
> http://www.smgf.org/history.jspx
>
> Ann Turner

This thread: