From: "Al Calkins" <>
Subject: Haplogroups
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 09:18:24 -0500

I am not sure if I am understanding some of the current thinking
concerning TMRCA and probabilities.

1. Two people(A&B) with same surname whose paper trail show MRCA back
to 1603 have a 34/37 match and both are R1B1. High probability that
results validate paper trail.

2. Third person (C) same surname and paper trail as A&B. 34/37
match. He is J. Perhaps an NPE? Due to the different haplogroup no
possibility of a MRCA within advent of surnames.

If these two statements are correct I would like to hypothesize a
scenario in which all three, in fact do have a MRCA . This may me
defined as an NPE but I am not sure.

A&Bs MRCA 1603 has a sister. She has children with a J. For whatever
reason the children assume their mothers surname instead of the
fathers. Therefor MRCA of A,B&C would be 1603s father.

Any and all comments welcome

--
Al Calkins

This thread: