Subject: Re: [DNA] From 34/37 to 42/67
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 15:23:03 EDT

Yes, that would increase the return IF we won, but it would not increase the
chances of winning.

Bill D

------------------
In a message dated 8/14/2006 1:13:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

1) Many lottieries divide the prize money among all who chose the correct
numbers. Thus, the participant maximizes his expectation by choosing a set
of numbers that other people are less likely to pick. Since smaller numbers
(e.g., numbers that can correspond to a date of the month) typically attract
more interest, the wise participant will then choose numbers above 31, just
as you did.

> From: [mailto:]
> I chose 32,33,34,35,36,37. The others
> usually chose birthdates or other favorite numbers. I had
> many, many complains that I was "wasting my ticket".

This thread: