From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Re: I1a EA SNP test
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 20:10:41 -0600

You have tested for all the known subclades of I1a (M227, M72, M21) and
found ancestral for all of them. Therefore you are I1a* with * meaning
Known not to be in any further subclades. Probably 95 percent or more of
all I1a is I1a* but you need the three SNP tests to be awarded the *

In other haplogroups it may be more important whether you have the * or not.

Ken