From: Jim & Marie Wilcox <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Native Americans DNA in Europe
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 21:37:05 -0500

It is well documented that Native Americans were often shipped to Europe.
See article: Human Zoos
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_zoo

They were brought to England, Spain and Germany. Spain was especially
interested in the aboriginal from the West Indies early on in Columbus's
time and later when Spain still owned the "Spanish Territories", i.e.,
Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, California, etc.
Many N.A. people were exported from Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas
to Spanish silver mines in Mexico as well as laborers on sugar
plantations and ranches in the early 1800's. This included males as well
as females.
The Dutch also exported N.A. people from the New Amsterdam colonies in
the 1600's to their Caribbean interests.

See links:
http://historytogo.utah.gov/slavery.html
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Atrium/4832/slave.html
http://www.uctp.org/LostPeoples.html

I can't find the other articles but will post when I do.

Marie