From: "Glen Todd" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] Haplogroups within the British Isles -Britton
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 10:16:07 -0600

> Glen Todd wrote:
>
> > One of the assorted brothers Wryta/Wryda (I presume that
> > the d/t character was originally thurisaz in ON/OE), Sir
> > William, was supposedly captain of Billy's bodyguard.
>
> There is no person of that description in the known list
> of Companions of the Conqueror, which is very short, like
> 10 people with descendants.

That's why I used the word 'supposedly'.

Also, said guard may have been created later in his reign, as suggested by a
couple of things that I was able to find in a quick web-surf, or he might
have been perceived as an employee rather than a 'companion'.

Since I'm not one of the people that gets hung up on perceived connections
to important people, I've not put any particular work in on this. I was
just relaying what I'd received from one family history source, mostly to
further my point that there's no such thing as a 'Norman haplogroup'.

Glen

This thread: