From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Greater Frisia - my 25 marker results
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 14:03:54 -0600

With just those 25 markers and nothing to back up the 23 at DYS390 because
the DYS447 is higher than Frisian modal instead of lower, I'd say it is
premature to conclude Frisian R1b or even S21+ R1b. We now know of a number
of supportive modal repeat values at other markers.

These varieties of haplotypes within haplogroups were established thousands
of years ago, prior to many of the invasions/immigrations into the British
Isles. So one finds that the AngloSaxons and Scandinavians, to name just
two well-known historic groups, brought their ydna to the British Isles,
including parts of Scotland, Wales, and Ireland as well as England.

Your DYS385a,b = 12-13 is most rare. It will suppress the chances of you
finding accidental matches, but if you do get a match it should grab your
attention.

Ken