Subject: Re: [DNA] MtDNA Mutation Distribution among Macro-HGs in MitoSearch
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 19:16:52 EDT

In a message dated 8/19/2006 6:09:18 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
writes:

> For anyone interested, I have completed a comprehensive list of HVR1
> mutations among all the macro-haplogroups in MitoSearch - up through 11 July 2006
> (Excel format).

I see it's available at the RootsWeb Companion page at DNA Heritage now. That
was a massive amount of work! It really dramatizes some of the things we talk
about: hotspots (especially 16519C!) and coldspots, how certain mutations are
common in some haplogroups but also occur in other haplogroups, the greater
number of mutations within the classical definitions of HVR1/HVR2/HVR3 regions,
and so forth and so on. I bet it will become a handy reference and inspire
some thought experiments, too. I find it surprising to see the number of loci
that have only one or two samples with a mutation out of a database containing
many thousands of records.

http://www.dnaheritage.com/files/rootswebupload/HVR1%20Mutations(2).xls

Ann Turner

This thread: