From: "robert mclaren" <>
Subject: RE: [DNA] DYS=14
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 00:03:07 -0400

Lewis,

While a 14 at DYS #393 is rarer than 13, it is not unknown. I have 80 R1bs
in the Clan MacLaren Surname DNA Project. Of these 80, 2 have a 12 at this
DYS, 71 have a 13, and 7 have a 14.

Yours aye,

Bob McLaren
Chairman, Genealogy Committee, Clan MacLaren Society of North America
Administrator, Clan MacLaren Surname DNA Project

393. My first participant with the value of 14 at DYS 393 joined the
project yesterday from the National Geographic Project .Does this value
reflect an ethic group or a geographical area? I checked the 500+ R1b's in
Charles Kerchner's R1b project and only 2 participants had a value of 14 at
DYS 393. The 12 marker test scores of the individual are listed below. His
suggested haplogroup is R1b1c. Thanks

> Lewis Hart
> HART DNA Surname Project
>

> Haplogroup