From: "Peter A. Kincaid" <>
Subject: Re: #7 Re: [DNA] `Ultra-Norse`..who is making up this stuff? / Normandy study
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 14:34:01 -0300

> (As to your concerns about the logistics of the re-population of the small
> province of Normandy following its conquest, an analogy- when Louis
> settled
> what is today Canada, a massive region, he did so with appox. 10,000 adult
> French. 300 years later, today, there are Six Million French Canadians.)

This highlights my concern and seems to point to a lack
of understanding of the area. You appear to be assuming
that the YDNA population of Quebec is mostly made up of
direct descendants of the first French settlers. They most
certainly are not. Following the collapse of French control in
the 1700s there was a large influx of English (a lot from
Loyalist American descent). Then came the Irish famine
immigrants, etc. Recently there has been a large influx of
Haitians, Latinos and people of Arabic descent. Regardless
this example stress my points. The impact here was because
you had a significant influx of YDNA from a distant foreign
nation in a remote sparsely populated area with the foreigners
maintaining significant control to this day.

Best wishes!

Peter

This thread: