From: "Ron Scott" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] MtDNA Mutation Distribution among Macro-HGs in MitoSearch
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 21:08:16 -0500

List,

In reference to the recent postings of the Neanderthal mutations in Excel
format, there should be five C16193.1C and four C16193.2C insertions, as
noted in my spreadsheet
(http://www.dnaheritage.com/files/rootswebupload/HVR1%20Mutations(2).xls),
rather than simply the five C16193.1C insertions that are reported in Craig
Dowd's spreadsheet (cf.
http://www.dnaheritage.com/files/rootswebupload/dna%20Neandertal.xls). This
was reported to Ann Turner on Thursday, but, as of now, no response has been
given. Therefore, until the correct entries are applied to the Neanderthal
spreadsheet of Craig Dowd's, read nine instead of five insertions for the
locus C16193.

Thanks,
Ron