From: "brian quinn" <>
Subject: Re: [GENEALOGY-DNA] [DNA] Variances of Isles R1b Varieties +Frisian R1b
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 12:05:05 +1000

Thanks to Alan Foster for explaining this stuff to me after I got it all
back to front.

Anyway I have a problem with the South Irish or Type III being same as one
of the Basque groups.

It suggests that South Irish left the Iberia/Aquitaine area after the Last
Ice Age and that they met groups in Ireland/Britain/Scotland that had come
from the eastern R1b areas- the Northern Irish/Scots R1b. So maybe the Irish
British R1b groups show multiple source/refuge areas and multiple origin
dates.

Brian Quinn

>>> A. DYS390,391,392,385 = 25/11/14/11-13 North Irish R1b
>>>
>>> B. DYS390,391,385 = 24/10/11-15 South Irish R1b
>>>
>>> C. DYS390,391,YCA = 24/10/19-24 Scot R1b
>>
>> D. DYS 390,391,447,H4 = 23/11/24/10 Frisian R1b
>>

>> Each of these varieties has a number of additional unique modals
>> identifying it in SMGF; only abbreviated set of markers are shown above
>> with nicknames.
>>> Theory indicates the variances should be in ratio to the ages back to
>>> the effective founders of the populations. Here are the sum of 25
>>> marker variances for each.
>>>
>>> A. 4.32
>>> B. 2.79