From: "Diana Gale Matthiesen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] mtDNA difference between siblings
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:49:19 -0400

If I understand the way you have presented the results, the "odd" one is Rita.
The other three of you match perfectly, which is strong support for those
results being correct, while Rita has one mutation (309.1C) the rest of you lack
and lacks one mutation the rest of you have (16428A). As you say, having two
differences is unexpected for a sibling.

I would first ask Argus to re-check their results for Rita. If they confirm the
initial results, considering the importance of the answer, I would also have
Rita checked with FTDNA or RG, despite the expense.

Diana