From: "Diana Gale Matthiesen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] mtDNA difference between sibling
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:09:22 -0400

I would re-test Rita at another lab to be absolutely certain she doesn't match
you, before seriously confronting the possibility that she may not be your
biological sibling. It's still possible that Argus got your sample exchanged
with someone else's.

You haven't said whether your parents are still living because, if so, this is
obviously a question to bring to them (e.g., was she adopted?). But, again, I
would re-test Rita at another lab, first.

Diana

<snip>

> You understand the question correctly. Rita has two
> differences from
> the rest of us. I did check with Argus about the HVR2
> difference. (I
> hadn't noticed the HVR1 difference yet) They promptly replied that
> their reading of the results were correct and included a
> graph of the
> results. I have written them about the HVR1 difference today and am
> awaiting a reply.
>
> Linda

This thread: