From: Linda R Romero <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] GENEALOGY-DNA Digest, Vol 1, Issue 187
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 17:26:36 -0500

On Sep 29, 2006, at 5:14 PM, wrote:

> Message: 10
> Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:09:22 -0400
> From: "Diana Gale Matthiesen" <>
> Subject: Re: [DNA] mtDNA difference between sibling
> To: <>
>
> I would re-test Rita at another lab to be absolutely certain she
> doesn't match
> you, before seriously confronting the possibility that she may not
> be your
> biological sibling. It's still possible that Argus got your sample
> exchanged
> with someone else's.
>
> You haven't said whether your parents are still living because, if
> so, this is
> obviously a question to bring to them (e.g., was she adopted?).
> But, again, I
> would re-test Rita at another lab, first.
>
> Diana

I'm happy my sister, Rita, doesn't read this list. She'd have a
heart attack. So would my mother. Since Rita is the middle child,
it is unlikely she was secretly adopted. Unfortunately, both our
parents are dead, and Rick, Rita, and I are my mother's only children.

Could these differences really mean she may not be our biological
sister? Stranger things have happened.

Linda

This thread: