From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] R1a (was Sykes' data shows E3b absent entirelyfrom"CentralEngland" - Hypotheses testing)
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 08:23:01 -0800 (PST)

Dan:

There is a lot more work we at EA can do and yours is on our list of "unique" R1a clusters so will be used as a guinea pig in our quest to add better resolution to this haplogroup. To be blunt, how much we get done is a direct function of the total number of orders for all products. Our bottom line dictates the limits of (or puts a ceiling on) our research and development programme. If the rain becomes a deluge we can go on the hunt for a lot of things of interest. These things don't fund themselves, unfortunately.

Right now I suspect a Jutish influence for your motif, although if Oppenheimer is correct then it could go back to the Neolithic in England. So many questions. So much work ahead.

David Faux.

Daniel Jenkins <> wrote:

David,

Since my R1a1 -Y-DNA results , point to ancient origins , nearby where current Csango population of Romania,possibly Kurgans with
more recent origins in Kent, England from 1500s . Would it be a worthy project to see if there are undiscovered SNPS , or was my sample completely tested and further work not likely to show anything?

I also noticed in recent research that post 1790 St. John area of New Foundland was about 85 % Irish.
Most were from the coastal confluence of Waterford, Wexford , and Kilkenny Counties [ Danish-Viking?] with 7% being from Dingle in Kerry.
I wonder what would show in results of testing a good sample of current St. John residents who have known ancestors back in
early 1800s there. Similarly many hundreds of Irish from County Monaghan on Armagh border were brought over by a Father MacDonald 1839-1842 and were settled on his lands in Queens County, P.E.I. Followed by many Scottish immigres.
Your thoughts always appreciated.

Dan Jenkins

This thread: