From: "Lawrence Mayka" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] SNP and STR testing for R1a
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 02:54:53 -0600

> [mailto:] On Behalf Of Eric Olson
> But I am puzzled why 9/37 matches on STR's can be considered
> more "good clustering" than 11/12 matches.

I mean that the three men I cited show, on Ysearch, a genetic distance of 9
from you, when considering your full 37 markers. My point is that you have
37 markers, not just 12--you may as well use them to discriminate between
near-matches.

> An accidental convergence may or may not have happened with
> the 12/12 K3P89 Slovakian match on the first 12 FTDNA
> markers, but the concordance rapidly dissipated upon Kolnic
> upgrading to more STR markers.

Kolnik only has 12 markers on Ysearch. Does he have more than that posted
elsewhere? I don't see him listed in the Slovakia Project. Did you
correspond with him privately?

This thread: