From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] EthnoAncestry Holiday Specials
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 21:33:54 -0800 (PST)

I didn't realize there would be quite as much interest in these I1a SNPs - perhaps the thrill of discovery is fueling some of the spike in things. There again Ken and other Hap I aware experts know that new I1a SNPs don't come along every day - and only time and testing will reveal the nature of each.

We will be redoubling our efforts to find more SNPs within this haplogroup. The beauty will be that if the DNA is safely in storage then it is a piece of cake to toss a bit of it on the "UEP bbq" as new ones surface - and Dr. Wilson can see if he can locate a Family SNP since all these new SNPs will be direct sequenced. Some may even emerge from the latest round of testing. Who knows, fingers crossed for a few pleasant surprises.

David Faux
EthnoAncestry

Roy White <> wrote: Actually, I, also, ordered the 5 new I1a SNPs today.

Roy White

This thread: