From: "Lawrence Mayka" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] FW: R1a in Mongolia
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 19:11:41 -0600

> [mailto:] On Behalf Of
> Sasson Margaliot
> It seems to me that it is possible that the original
> "Indo-Arians" belonged to the Haplogroup L, not R1a.

Alternatively, if I interpret Sengupta's results correctly, they allow for
the possibility that R1a had its genesis in Pakistan, and spread to western
India early (hence the very high STR variance), but then later spread to
Central Asia and thence descended upon northern India. In other words, the
so-called Aryan R1a scenario may still be substantially correct, but
explains only a portion of the R1a in India as a whole.

This thread: