From: "R. & G. Stevens" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Frequencies for 459 Unique R1b Iberian Origin Haplotypes
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 12:55:52 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vincent Vizachero" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, December 25, 2006 12:30 PM

> The most reasonable response to this statement is to repeat the
> essentialy point of Gary's post: STR calculations alone DO NOT (and
> can not) produce an accurate dating for the founding of a
> haplogroup.

You're probably right. After all, almost everyone seems to think so.

Since I think it's time for me to bow out of this discussion, I will avoid
consideration of how we KNOW with absolute certainty that "STR calculations
alone DO NOT (and can not) produce an accurate dating for the founding of a
haplogroup" and therefore must devise a system that will produce a result
four to seven times as great as that produced by STR calculations alone.

Rich

This thread: