From: David Faux <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Frequencies for 459 Unique R1b Iberian Origin Haplotypes
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 13:58:37 -0800 (PST)

Ken:

I secretly set out icons of my favourite researchers and with candles and chants pay homage to their sage wisdom as I engage in these obnoxious rituals :-)

Indeed I as well as I expect many others here have a cadre of authors whose work just presses the right buttons and one of my all time faves is Cinnioglu whose study of Anatolia will stand for years as a model for all who wish to impress both population geneticists and genetic genealogists.

Dude, hey I am going surfing and you can spend your time squaring a few ASDs in the Montana snow if you want. :-) Later.

Merry Christmas,

David.

From: "David Faux"

If you chose to see the evidence differently then it is up to you to offer
up "extraordinary evidence" that would contradict what these "famous
authors" believe. With all due respect, although I don't know your
background, unless you (and others who argue for relative youth of R1b) are
a population geneticist who is well versed in statistics, I think that I
will trust the experts in this one. In other words although there are many
here whose knowledge I expect meets or exceeds that of published authors in
population genetics, when it comes to statistics (my Achilles heel) I will
look to those whose work appears in the American Journal of Human Genetics

Really David, I find the above sentences really obnoxious and bordering on
groupy worship. It is devoid of scientific argument. Ken

This thread: