From: "Dennis Wright" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Top Posting
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 11:35:23 +1100

You didn't answer the Positive aspect of top posting ... I can read the
first three lines in preview.
This is a good reason ... I will continue to top post, and I hope others do
too so I can preview.
Just because something all was, doesn't mean it always has to be that way.
"The only stable thing is change"

On 27 Dec, Dennis Wright <> wrote:
> I prefer Top Posting too, as my email program allows me to see the first
> three lines of the message in preview.
> I can see in the subject what it is about and the first three lines of top
> posted reply allows me to see whether to open or delete the message.
> As David said, it is Jim Bullock who makes the rules ... otherwise post
> or bottom as the mood takes you.

The rules were laid down a long time ago by the early groups developing the
internet. No-one has found a good reason to suggest an amendment to those

John Cartmell

This thread: