From: John Cartmell <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Top Posting
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 01:37:44 +0000 (GMT)

On 29 Dec, Dennis Wright <> wrote:
> You didn't answer the Positive aspect of top posting ... I can read the
> first three lines in preview.

I can't. Most people can't. There are standards set for the design of
news/e-mail readers - it's not in the standards.

> This is a good reason ... I will continue to top post, and I hope others do
> too so I can preview.

You cannot. I won't be top-posting. I'll follow the international standards
that have been laid down. By all means ask for additions to the standards -
but not to throw them out.

> Just because something all was, doesn't mean it always has to be that way.
> "The only stable thing is change"

It still is. Get to understand the standards first. When you know, use, and
understand them *then* offer ideas for improvement. You haven't even started
your first year as an undergraduate and already you've decided what
postgraduate students should be taught.

--
John Cartmell"good manners are the best guide to good rules"
The news.newusers.questions FAQ http://www.plig.net/nnq/nquote.html

This thread: