From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] United Empire Loyalist DNA Registry Project
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 08:58:22 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Cartmell" <>

Again the bomb was set off by people financed by
> citizens of the USA with their minds woolly on stupid myths.
>
> The civil war in North America (ie the one up to 1812ish) happened. Some
> took
> one side and some another for different and personal reasons. Pretending
> that
> the split makes any sense worth commemorating in any way (other than in
> regretting the loss of life on all sides) is wrong. It perpetuates myths
> and
> encourages further loss of life.

You should have quit while you were ahead --- the first issue you raised.
USA is 300 million people; only a tiny fraction supported the IRA
terrorists.

But a large number of us know the "split" we made with rule from Britain was
an Earth-changing event for the better, and we'd go down the same path
again.

This thread: