From: "Sharon Bryant" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Genetic distances
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 21:27:35 -0500

Hi Nelda,

I stared at my spreadsheet trying to decide how to word my question. Let me
try again.

Man A - Clendenin surname or variant spelling

Has six men listed by FTDNA as being GD 3.

Man A 385a = 12
Man A 1 385a = 11
Man A 2 385a = 11
Man A 3 385a = 11
Man A 4 385a = 11
Man A 5 385a = 11
Man A 6 385a = 11

Okay, so far so good. Next one is at 460:
Man A = 10
Man A1 = 11
Man A2 = 11
Man A3 = 11
Man A4 = 11
Man A5 = 11
Man A6 = 11

So far I have two one step mutations. The next one is at 456 where Man A,
A2, -3, -4, -5, and -6 have 16 and Man A1 has 15.

The next is at CDY-b. Man A, A1, and A2 have 39 while the rest have 40.

Man A2 has 39 at 389-2 while the rest have 39. So for the group being
compared to Man A I have one step mutations on five markers.

Man B encounters the first mutation at 391:

Man B = 10
Man B1 = 11
Man B2 = 11
Man B3 = 11
Man B4 = 11
Man B5 = 11

The next one shows up at 607:
Man B = 15
Man B1 - B5 = 16

The next is at 576
Man B = 17
Man B5 = 17
Man B1 - B4 = 18

The last one is at CDYb again:
Man B, B1, B2, B3, B4 all have 40 while Man B5 has a 41.

Did I remember to mention that Man A3 is the same as B1; A4 is the same as
B2; A5 is the same as B3; and A6 is the same as B4? By that I mean that
these four men show up in both groups

They have all tested to 37 markers; none have tested to 67 markers. They are
not all in Y Search.(some can't remember their passwords and I can't get
them).

I have reached the jumping-off-the-cliff moment in this project. I would
like to have them all upgrade to 67 markers but one family is still
recovering from Katrina and another of the participants is terminal. I don't
have the money to pay the tests myself.

What am I seeing here that I am not recognizing and where do I go from here?

Thanks,

Sharon

This thread: