From: "Whit Athey" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Analysis of Albanian data from YHRD/PericicKosovosampleandrequest
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 11:28:14 -0500

Dear Ken,

You are quite correct that it would not be a good idea to combine all of
I1b2 together in one haplogroup in a prediction program. The version of the
program that has been up on my web site for the past few weeks included
I1b2a, I1b1, and I1a. I1b2* was left out altogether, but a person who was
actually I1b2* who entered their values would probably have the probability
spread over the available three subgroups of I. The version released today
(20-haplogroup version) includes I1b2* as a separate haplogroup for the
analysis, so these folks should now get a good prediction. Note that I had
to label I1b2* as I1b2 x I1b2a because an asterisk in the name field messes
up something else.

Whit