Subject: Re: [DNA] NY Times article on "Jesus" DNA
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 16:50:31 EST

> As the shroud is medieval how would obtaining
> DNA from it help with any religious enquiry?

I guess you are right. I have not looked at the evidence recently.
Aren't there still literally millions of people who believe
the Shroud of Turin belongs to Jesus of Nazareth? On the
other hand, if these people are not going to believe carbon
dating or fabric analysis I guess they won't believe anything
else scientific, so why bother.

Still, if television producers would agree to pay for DNA testing
to dispel the myth even further, I won't argue with that.
The more the merrier. As long as the information is released
to us.

KJ

http://www.aol.com.

This thread: