Subject: Re: [DNA] DYF 371X result
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 00:26:48 +0000

Arch

it means you have a rare one-step mutation from the modal (ancestral?)
result of 10c-12t-13c-14c. No evidence of any recombination events. The 11c
could be a useful marker value for tracking down missing relatives or
resolving an ambiguous paper trail (or even identifying a subclade of
R1b1c6).

Steve

your result is interesting because it now seems Q, R1a and R1b1* all have
higher values for the highest "c" allele than the modal 14c for R1b1c. This
could be a coincidence or it could be a sign that the common P ancestor had
a 15c or 16c and only in R1b1c has this mutated downwards to the 14c which
is also common in I and J. You also have a "double" 12t allele due to
recombination (independently from the recently reported cases in hg Q).

Gareth