Subject: Re: [DNA] mtDNA on Genographic website
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:07:47 EDT

In a message dated 3/12/2007 8:41:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time,

> It's a big monstrous thing, but I found it following the lines and knowing
> that haplogroup K came from haplogroup U. And there it stood, next to
> haplogroup UK: 10550(ND4L). I assume ND4L is de Coding Region area de mutation
> occurs. However, looking at the Genographic SNP and mtDNA diagram I would say the
> red dot is with the COII area.
> SNP:
> mtDNA Diagram:

Sharp eyes! I think there's an error at the Genographic Project site. For
some cockeyed reason, the numbering for the mtDNA molecule goes

But it looks like the Genographic Project is plotting the position as if the
numbering is clockwise. I'll drop them a note and see what they say.

Ann Turner

AOL now offers free email to everyone.
Find out more about what's free from AOL at

This thread: