Subject: Re: [DNA] mtDNA on Genographic website
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:07:47 EDT

In a message dated 3/12/2007 8:41:59 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
writes:

> It's a big monstrous thing, but I found it following the lines and knowing
> that haplogroup K came from haplogroup U. And there it stood, next to
> haplogroup UK: 10550(ND4L). I assume ND4L is de Coding Region area de mutation
> occurs. However, looking at the Genographic SNP and mtDNA diagram I would say the
> red dot is with the COII area.
>
> SNP:
> http://dna-forums.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=102
>
> mtDNA Diagram:
> http://dna-forums.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=103

Sharp eyes! I think there's an error at the Genographic Project site. For
some cockeyed reason, the numbering for the mtDNA molecule goes
counter-clockwise.

http://www.mitomap.org/mitomapgenome.pdf

But it looks like the Genographic Project is plotting the position as if the
numbering is clockwise. I'll drop them a note and see what they say.

Ann Turner

AOL now offers free email to everyone.