From: Cheryl Simani <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] mtDNA of H in Native American
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:27:07 -0700 (PDT)

Ian,

I surveyed MitoSearch by Haplogroup and found it in A. Thanks for the additional info. I did not think that it was transferred from group to group. The two factors that occurred to me were natural radiation sources and plagues. Both would affect all exposed groups who happened to be living in the same geographical region. But, of course, that just the humble opinion of a lay-person.

Ian Logan <> wrote:
A235G is found in complete sequences from Haplogroups A, D, J1c,N9a & V.

But please do not think the mutation was transferred from group to group.

It is a mutation that has arisen in many different places at different times - that is why
the hypervariable areas are so named - the bases in these areas are very variable.

So now it is in Haplogroup H as well.

Congratulations.

Ian

I am still waiting for someone to explain the HRV2 235G in my results. It is common only among
mtHg A. There are three H*s (that I know of) with matching HVR1 & HVR2 results to mine. Since I am
H8, I generally attribute it to a long-ago-time when A, H* and H8 all lived in a south-western
region of Russia, before A trekked off in search of the "New World" and H* scattered about Europe.

Now, I have three scenerios from which to chose my ancestry: 1) an Amazon Priestess, 2) a
Kuzarian Princess, or 3) a Judeo-Roman castaway recused by Hiawatha.
DNA research is such fun! :-)