From: "Steven Bird" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Zhivotovsky 2006
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 07:25:04 -0400

>Thank you. I think it comes down to remembering that the only way to
>build a *good* model is to have working examples to compare it to.
>Validation is essential. If we had fully documented histories of every
>population on earth over the last 5000 years even then we would not need
>the models for genetic genealogy much less genetic anthropology.

We do, of a sort, just not in writing. There is archaeological evidence
everywhere. Carbon dating is often done and these estimates are sometimes
accurate within 50 years. Perhaps this approach could validate (or
disprove) the estimates of Z. and others. I believe this to be the case in
Bulgaria, for example, with the proto-Thracian homeland near Nova Zagora,
which dates to the same estimates as Cruciani 2007. That is a valid,
unbiased piece of evidence.

Steve

5.5%* 30 year fixed mortgage rate. Good credit refinance. Up to 5 free
quotes - *Terms
https://www2.nextag.com/goto.jsp?product=100000035&url=%2fst.jsp&tm=y&search=mortgage_text_links_88_h2a5d&s=4056&p=5117&disc=y&vers=910

This thread: