From: "PJ" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Surprising find with 25 markers
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 11:29:49 -0500

Here are the ySearch numbers for my husband [6ZXC5], a distant Mahan cousin
[HDMN3] and the Hatcher's [MQSTS, HEAHY, M5977, BQ9XQ, 9H5PH].

If Michael's 26-37 markers come out as his cousins 37 markers, which we
fully expect, then this is how his should look compared to the Hatcher's at
the 37 marker level.

ySearch string -> 6ZXC5, HDMN3, MQSTS, HEAHY, M5977, BQ9XQ, 9H5PH

What do you think at this level? Should we go for the 67 markers?

PJ

<snipped>

Unless I'm mistaken, the "Others" differ by a GD of 1 from the
"Western Atlantic Modal Haplotype" (as it was defined some months
ago) and your husband differs from it by 2. Have any of the "Others"
gone to 37 or 67 markers. If so, it might be informative for you to
upgrade also to see if the cross-surname close match holds up.

Pat
--
Pat Oliver