From: Pat Oliver <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Surprising find with 25 markers
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 13:10:33 -0500

>Here are the ySearch numbers for my husband [6ZXC5], a distant Mahan cousin
>[HDMN3] and the Hatcher's [MQSTS, HEAHY, M5977, BQ9XQ, 9H5PH].
>
>If Michael's 26-37 markers come out as his cousins 37 markers, which we
>fully expect, then this is how his should look compared to the Hatcher's at
>the 37 marker level.
>
>ySearch string -> 6ZXC5, HDMN3, MQSTS, HEAHY, M5977, BQ9XQ, 9H5PH
>
>What do you think at this level? Should we go for the 67 markers?
>
>PJ

A Ysearch comparison shows that your husband's Mahan cousin [HDMN3]
has a GD of 5, 6, 6 and 7 from the 4 Hatchers who've also been
tested at 37 markers. That suggests that any blood connection was
long, long ago, if ever. Going to 67 markers is very unlikely to
improve things and might increase the genetic distance between the
two surnames. It would still be worthwhile for your husband to go to
37 markers, though.

Pat
--
Pat Oliver