From: "R. & G. Stevens" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] A New N. Euro R1b1c Haplotype Cluster ???
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 09:01:44 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Chandler" <>
To: <>
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2007 6:16 PM

>> Carpenter (England) - BJ4G6
>
> You can scratch this person from your list. His 4th cousin has the
> standard 11-14. Hence, the mutation to 11-11 on DYS385 is recent and
> irrelevant to any widespread cluster. The same thing might be true
> of some of the other only-25-marker list.
>
> John Chandler

Now that I have had a chance to look at this, I see what you mean. Carpenter
(BJ4G6) has several Carpenter relatives in YSearch who are a gd of 3 away
from him and have 11, 14 at 385 (which is where all 3 units of genetic
distance come from). Since BJ4G6 is the only one of those Carpenters with
11, 11 at 385, it certainly does appear that the move there (via RecLoH) is
recent. Here is the comparison table: http://tinyurl.com/3ctbwd.

So, what does this do to my cluster (if cluster it is)?

Does it invalidate it? Or does it mean that 385 is not reliable or stable
enough to use as one of its key indicators?

The members of the cluster also share all or most of the same off-modal
values at 390, 439, 458, 447, 449, 456, and 576. Should we include those who
share those values but who have 11, 14 at 385?

Rich

This thread: