From: "Bob Bootle" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Early Population levels in the ' British peninsula '
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 09:38:40 +0100

John,

I am grateful for your responses.

However, I am suprised that you predict that a tentative assumption,
presented in the form of a polite question, would make some people mad at
me.

I was thinking that this is a useful mailing list.

If I have inadvertantly walked into a hornet's nest, I will soon step back.

Regarding your counter question. < Why do you need to know ?? >

I am just trying to extend my knowledge of the family tree, as I adjust to
my recent retirement. It is also part of my effort to keep my mind
stimulated.

Bob Bootle

http://uk.geocities.com/rodneyavenue26/

Bob wrote:
> May I safely assume that most of the men were probably R1b1, with STR
SWAMH
> ?
>
> Or, Is there a more likely scenario ?

You have posed the question in two ways that are by no means
equivalent. Taking the second formulation first: no, there is no
other scenario that is more likely. However, the first formulation
cries out for a definition of "safe". Making that assumption will
not increase your risk of being in a fatal car accident. However,
it will make certain people mad at you.

The counter-question is this: why do you need to know??

John Chandler

This thread: