From: "Sasson Margaliot" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Ten Lost Tribes, Far East, esp. Japan
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 06:58:24 +0300

On 4/12/07, Alfred A. Aburto Jr. <> wrote:

> > Sasson Margaliot wrote:
>
> >The abundance of CMH points towards J2a1b (old J2f) as the Tribe of Levi.
>
> >As is well known, J2a1 expanded from Northern Iran - which is exactly the
> >location to which the Northern Israeli tribes were originally displaced
> by
> >the Neo-Assyrians.
>
> It can't be J alone. People were mixed back then just as they are today.
> Maybe they could have been "predominantly J", but not J alone ...
> Al

I do not suggest that around 700 BCE the population of what is now known as
Northern Kingdom of Israel was made exclusively of one Haploglroup.
If indeed they were predominantly J2a1, as I suggest, there still would be
admixture of at least some J2a2, E3b, G, I, J1 and J2*. .

So we can expect to find elements of these Haplogroups together with J2a
when we find a signal of Northern Israeli expansion. But some of these
components could have been reduced in displaced communities through the
"founder effect" etc.

This thread: