From: "Alfred A. Aburto Jr." <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] DYS 464
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 06:46:47 -0700

> wrote:

>I would like to alert project administrators to a problem that may or may
>not affect very many projects. However, it had a significant impact on the Meek
>Surname Project. Certain combinations of marker values for DYS 464 are
>extremely difficult to read. Even after being reviewed, the lab provided incorrect
>values.

[snip,snip]

A similar thing happened to me. FTDNA informed me that they were
revising my DYS464 (adding another copy at 16) so that the FTDNA results
would be in accordance with those previously found at DNA-Fingerprint.
This is good and it looks like the scientific methods of Dr Krahn are
being adopted by FTDNA. My paternal uncle though has tested only at
FTDNA so now we mismatch at DYS464 only and it looks like I will need to
re-test him with the advanced DYS464X test as I am "sure" he has that
extra copy of 16 at DYS464 too.

When I enquired about the 3 copies I had at DYS459 and DYS724(formerly
CDY) FTDNA said that they were not going to modify their database for
those (most people have only two copies), but that they would show up in
my FTDNA "advanced marker results" section showing the full results. I
think there are going to be "FTDNA DYS markers" results and also "Y-STR
DNA-FP Panel" results in the "Y-DNA DYS values" section (tab). If the
results differ though there could be problems finding correct matches
... I'm hoping that eventually there will be only one set of results
instead of two ...
Al

This thread: