From: "Eric Olson" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Comet set fire to Northern Hemisphere 13000 years ago?
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 08:08:21 -0700

Oh,

I think the Mt. St. Helens event it might be comparable to a modest
meteoroid hit. And the damage was widespread, extending down the river
systems far beyond the actual blast zone. But as you point out, no
megafauna became extinct. (With the possible exception of Big Foot, who
hasn't been sighted since.) :-(

Sadly, floral successions will not be allowed to run their natural course,
except in the set aside, as Weyerhauser has planted most of the blasted old
growth forest with tree farms.

Eric