From: yair <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Proposal for New R1b1c7 Group?
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 08:02:44 +0200

At 12:53 AM 5/25/2007, you wrote:
>There already is a project for R1b1c7.
>
>http://homepage.eircom.net/~ihdp/ihdp/index.htm

OK.
I looked at it and it looks quite impressive and worthwhile.
It also looks very academic, scientific, and concentrated on Ireland.
It is not really a group but rather a collation of valuable studies.
I was thinking of something less formal that could discuss everything,
become something of a "club" and even broach on areas a
regular scientists might hesitate to.
And also be open to people who are not professionals in the field.
Questions that could be considered could include:
Is R1b1c7 more susceptible to any particular illnesses, or aberrations?
Predominant physical characteristics?
Does he have a sister? i.e. common mtDNA associate(s)?
occupations?
known idiosyncrasies?
talents?
political tendencies?
Is there a pattern to the spread of R1b1c7 outside of Ireland?
How many are there?
Where are they?
Is there a pattern to their spread beyond what can be explained by
ethnic allocation?
etc.
Since it is agree that the focus of the group is with the family of
Neil and his offshoots
some of this work may already have been done in someway, somewhere,
and only needs an expression of
interest to make it surface.

This thread: