From: "Diana Gale Matthiesen" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Proposal for New R1b1c7 Group?
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 05:17:09 -0400

You could start an R1b1c7 mailing list:

http://resources.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/listrequest.pl

Administrating a mailing list is not a lot of work, once you get the hang of it,
and there's plenty of help:

http://helpdesk.rootsweb.com/listadmins/

Name it something simple, like "R1b1c7," and keep the text in your request
brief, such as,

"I am Y-DNA haplogroup R1b1c7, and I would like to start a mailing list for
discussion of all aspects of this subclade. The list would be open to anyone
interested in the topic."

If you are granted the list, you will soon after get a request for text to
describe your project. Keep that text brief and to the point, too. (Two or
three sentences, max.)

Diana