Subject: Re: [DNA] Lactase persistence (was, Basques) [smallpox OT]
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 13:55:27 EDT

In a message dated 5/27/2007 10:21:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
writes:

> Larry,
>
> Have you looked at cowpox and its associated immunities as a reason for
> lactose tolerances spreed?
> Try this: http://www.ucpress.edu/books/pages/9968/9968.ch01.html
>
> Helena's daughters hung out with cows and drank milk.:-)

I just skimmed the website, but one paragraph (about experiments done after
9/11) caught my eye:

"Two propitious developments then intervened. First, experiments confirmed
that the existing vaccine stocks could be diluted at least five times and still
retain their effectiveness—suddenly multiplying the available protections."

I was one of the guinea pigs in the Stanford branch of that study. After the
conclusion of the study, I was told that they gave me vaccine that had been
dilulted 10-fold, and it took for me.

Ann Turner

See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

This thread: