From: "brian quinn" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Queen of Egypt Mummy
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 17:11:03 +1000

Gabriela, I wouldn't be at all surprised that some male mummys were found to
be R1b, especially the earliest dynasty, like some of the tribes on the
other side of the Sinai and just like their modern population. They would
not be surprised at all. They probably looking for the funds to start a
testing lab and get the credit and consequent jobs themselves and rightly
so.

Though I have a suspicion that all those unguents/bitumen/natron etc might
well spoil the dna.

Brian Quinn

Message: 11