From: "Elizabeth O'Donoghue" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Bottlenecks - R1b1c7 as a calibration tool -The"final"version
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 19:02:23 +0100

On 7/13/07, James Heald <> wrote:

> Again, as I posted earler, am I right in thinking that some of Z's
> associates have run such simulations and discussed results ?

There is a 2006 article called "*Difference Between Evolutionarily
Effective and Germ-line Mutation Rate due to Stochastically Varying
Haplogroup Size*"

> Can anyone summarise what they found ?

Sasson Margaliot wrote:

They found that under assumption of "*constant total population size*" the
simulations do show "the accumulated variance is on average 3-to-4 times
Sasson - smaller than what?

Is this article available online? Elizabeth

with the word 'unsubscribe' without the