From: "William Hurst" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] H mtDNA Heteroplasmy Reporting
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 14:49:02 -0400

Hi Kathy and all,

Very interesting. I assume the person's FTDNA personal page shows it as
16291C/T. Does the person belong to any projects? Which ones? What does the
result look like there? What happens if the results are transferred
automatically to MitoSearch? Are they on MitoSearch? Where?

I sent my e-mail before I read Ann's, so I didn't know that FTDNA was now in
the heteroplasmy business, except indirectly through the Genographic
Project. One reason I'm especially interested in this mtDNA position since
we have 27 of 456 with it in the K Project, all but two in the provisional
K1a10 subclade defined by 16048A. In the Genographic Project report, there
are 50 in K, 47 in K1a10. There is only one 16291N, which should be the same
as 16291C/T; and it's not in K1a10, but in K1a1b1a. That leads me to believe
that the 16291T in K1a10 has been "resolved" to the T variant.

Bill Hurst