From: John Rhodes <>
Subject: Re: [DNA] Thomas Rothämel unpublished samples in yhrd
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 09:39:26 -0400 (EDT)

Of possible interest-

The ROTHEMEL surname was often changed to RODEMEL upon arrival in Philadelphia in the 1700's. This shift was similar to the ROTH > RODE > RHODES / RHOADS / RHOADES etc. shift my surname underwent.

John M. Rhodes

Rebekah <> wrote:

I have found an interesting sample in yhrd from Taraz, Kazakhstan that
seems to link to an unpublished data set. Does anyone know if this is a
grad student or other researcher depositing data that will be published?

Thomas Rothämel
Institut fĂĽr Rechtsmedizin der Medizinischen Hochschule Hannover
Carl-Neuberg-Str. 1 30625 Hannover, Germany
EMail(s) rothaemel.thomas @
Phone +49 (0) 511 532 4574
Fax +49 (0) 511 532 5635
Haploytpe count 181
Contrib. Populations Taraz, Kazakhstan
QC since 18.10.2004

Having already cited yhrd on the page can I safely refrence the source
of the sample as 'Rothämel Unpublished?'